Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Mother of Shadows by Meg Anne

Mother of Shadows (The Chosen Book 1)Mother of Shadows by Meg Anne
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Beautiful. The world Meg Anne created is a mesmerizing one, full of color and magic. And speaking of magic I have to say I love the way is portrayed, how it changes the one who wields it. The characters are memorable, Helena is one of the most complete leads I've read recently: sensitive but strong, humble but empowered, fierce but caring. Von, Helena's mate is to die for, menacing, at first sight, but once the story unravels you can see his many qualities. He is the perfect complement to Helena and vice-versa, their relationship is a symbiotic one by all means. Helena's circle of protectors are an interesting lot, all carrying an important part of the whole, each unique and endearing.
The plot is very well designed, mysteries abound but also does action, there is no time to feel bored. One of my favorite things is the character development, especially Helena's, how she protects the ones she cares, even if they are the protectors, how she quickly matures and embraces her daunting fate, how unselfish she proves to be.
Overall a great book I devoured in a matter of hours.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Comment with Facebook

The servant rescued the fortune-teller under the stars: prompt-inspired short story by Selene Kallan

 I just can't resist a good writing prompt. WE FOLLOW THE STARS by Selene Kallan. “I see coffers full of gold and diamonds as large as ...