Monday, July 16, 2018

Bittersweet by Michele Barrow


Don’t miss the first in the series, Fire and Ice, optioned for a motion picture.

To save the Faery world and her mother’s life, seventeen year old Lorelei sacrificed everything, and the dangerous bargains she made in Nevermore had lasting repercussions. Now safely back in her own world, Lorelei seems the same to her high school friends and her supernatural boyfriend in spite of the dark magic growing within her. Yet love across dimensions is complicated, especially when an invisible veil between the two worlds is sealing, threatening to separate Lorelei and Adrius forever.

Determined to find a solution, Lorelei resorts to exploring her new found powers. But when her friends fall ill, Lorelei can’t help but wonder if she's responsible. 

The nightmares from Nevermore tighten their icy hold when someone arrives determined to destroy Lorelei’s world, starting with those closest to her. Once again she’s forced to choose between her family and friends… and a love that was ill-fated from the start.

Interview with Michelle barrow

What was your inspiration behind Bittersweet?
I have always loved fantasy. And romance. And stories. So naturally, I mashed them all together. When I first started the story, years ago, it began as something I could read to my son when he was about 8 yrs old. We’d been reading a book series together and I had the thought, like many 'humble' authors have had at some time, I could write that. And so I started writing what became Fire & Ice (book one of the Faerie Song Saga). But the story wanted to become so much more than a short middle grade novel, and so I set it aside for a few years. I took an amazing online fiction writing class and fresh new ideas for how to shape it into a full length novel sprang to life, including making the characters older teens. It sort of snowballed from there, because once I gave the characters a new lease on life, they wouldn’t leave me alone until I’d finished writing the entire book. I was thinking it would be a trilogy, but when we sold the film options, my publisher thought a longer series would be a good idea. So then came the second, third and forth, and the fifth is underway. My plan was for six books, Fire and Ice, Bittersweet, Freeze, Melt, Burn, and Darkest Light. But now I’m not sure the characters will let me stop there, as ideas are bubbling for more books in the series. It's a bit of a runaway freight train now, lol.

Who's your favorite character?
I would say Zanthiel, the dark Shadow Fae is definitely my favorite character. I love how he struggles with his more hedonistic dark attributes, while trying (and often failing) to embody more humanity, by being 'good'.

What famous actor would play your main character on a movie or TV series?
This is such a fun question, especially since the series was optioned for film and is currently in development for a major motion picture. I would love to see Zendaya play Lorelei, my main character, since she's also a signer in the series (Faerie Song Saga).

Take a look at Bittersweet here: https://goo.gl/FpsUzD


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Comment with Facebook

The servant rescued the fortune-teller under the stars: prompt-inspired short story by Selene Kallan

 I just can't resist a good writing prompt. WE FOLLOW THE STARS by Selene Kallan. “I see coffers full of gold and diamonds as large as ...