Friday, January 5, 2018

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas


Synopsis:

Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin’s maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.

As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.

Review:

Holy Cauldron! That was awesome!
Feyre was a badass. The way she infiltrates the Spring Court was brilliant. It's quite refreshing seeing her pull the strings. And Rhysand, I just love the guy; he's Feyre's partner in crime, her shoulder to cry on, her best friend, and her lover. So much the opposite to a certain blonde brooding idiot that likes to lock up girls in his house.
The plot was fast-paced for the most part. I had to skim a few parts that were way to loaded with descriptions, but that still didn't make me any less anxious to turn the pages. There were several plot twists that took me by complete surprise, which is always a plus.
The character development was good. I would've liked getting to know Nesta better though, I still don't know what her deal is. Lucien got his redemption, he gets thrown into a difficult situation and manages to face it like the Faerie I knew he was. 
Rhysand's circle is again one of the best parts of the story. Armen and Azriel are my fave; I like how his silence says it all, and how Amren turns into the voice of reason in the most unexpected moments. 
Getting to know all the high Lords was something. Some are likable, some are not, but the reason why they are in charge of their people is clear. 
The final battle wasn't quite as I expected it, but I liked it nevertheless. I so lost my bets about who would kill who, but in a way it made sense.
I see a re-read in the future.

Grab ACOWAR here: https://amzn.to/2Eb4DS2

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Selene!

    Your review of "A Court of Wings and Ruin" was so well done that I almost thought I was reading a Cliff's Notes on the book!

    Your contemporary style is an easy read and keeps the reader's attention, or it kept my attention! It feels like I had a coffee with an old friend.

    I hope that I have made sense here. Please carry on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Paula! I intent to review many more books.

      Delete

Let me know what you think!

Comment with Facebook

The servant rescued the fortune-teller under the stars: prompt-inspired short story by Selene Kallan

 I just can't resist a good writing prompt. WE FOLLOW THE STARS by Selene Kallan. “I see coffers full of gold and diamonds as large as ...