Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Wandfasted by Laurie Forest


Synopsis:

"When they painted "Heretics" on our barn and set fire to it, I thought that was the worst it could get.

Until they sent the dragons.

But they didn't count on us having dragons of our own. And they certainly didn't count on Her. Our Great Mage. The Bringer of Fire. The Storm of Death. The Crow Sorceress. Our Deliverance.

The Black Witch."


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm having a seriously bad fangirling case. Wandfasted is amazing! I enjoyed it as much as The Black Witch.

Wandfasted tells the story of how Tessla and Vale (Elloren's parents) knew each other. It also shows why Carnissa Gardner became a legend, and believe me you don't want to miss that. With a fast pace and a beautiful worldbuilding, this book is simply impossible to put down once you start.

I absolutely loved getting to know Tessla, she's a badass, the kind of MC that I can't get enough of: intelligent, brave, selfless, strong and mature. Vale I had to warm up to, but once you get to know him better he's easy to love. I especially enjoyed that Vale (view spoiler).

Is also quite the experience getting to know the parents of other characters from the The Black Witch. You get a lot of: "now I get it".

I completely recommend this book for anyone who knows how to read, and if you don't, here's a good reason.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Comment with Facebook

The servant rescued the fortune-teller under the stars: prompt-inspired short story by Selene Kallan

 I just can't resist a good writing prompt. WE FOLLOW THE STARS by Selene Kallan. “I see coffers full of gold and diamonds as large as ...