Monday, July 17, 2017

Eve (Eve #1)

Eve (Eve, #1)Eve by Anna Carey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved this book. It's one of the best dystopias I've read so far, fast paced, intense, with the correct amount of humor and bad choices. Eve is very likable, she goes from being in a relatively comfortable world to fighting to survive in the wilderness, armed only with her intelligence. In her journey, she finds a few allies, Arden being the most interesting one in my opinion. A rebellious and very feisty girl who learned the awful truth before Eve did. And Caleb of course, who looks wild and dangerous but it's probably the warmest person Eve encounters.
The character development is one of my favorite things, we get to see how Eve changes gradually from a gullible girl to a hero. She fights to protect those she cares about, even if that means risking herself.
The end is bittersweet, a great cliffhanger that prompts you to know what comes next.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Good review, Selene. It tells just enough of the story to pique curiosity without disclosing the plot. Great notes on the characters.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Comment with Facebook

The servant rescued the fortune-teller under the stars: prompt-inspired short story by Selene Kallan

 I just can't resist a good writing prompt. WE FOLLOW THE STARS by Selene Kallan. “I see coffers full of gold and diamonds as large as ...